Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Holidays are fast approaching!

It's almost officially November, and I'm so excited! We have a bit of a busy month ahead of us, but I'm looking forward to it. We've been going strong with our school work for several weeks now, so we decided to take this week off from school and have Holiday Cleaning Week. We have a few things taking place at our home this month, so I wanted to go ahead and get the deep cleaning out of the way. (When I say deep cleaning, I mean dusting ceiling fans and things you normally can't see, washing cabinets, etc. )

What do we have going on? Well, tomorrow we're having a Manners Meal at our home for our homeschool group. We're going to enjoy a meal together and talk about proper table manners. We've done this before and had a lot of fun. I also think it's a good idea to do it just before Thanksgiving so they can practice what they have learned when they're with family around the Thanksgiving table. Next, I'm hosting a baby shower for one of my best friends that I went to school with, and everyone is going to bring their family. I'm looking forward to that. Lastly, my parents and sister and brother-in-law are coming here for Thanksgiving. It's been a couple of years since I've fixed Thanksgiving dinner, but I always enjoy it. I think my girls will enjoy helping this year also.

We have a few more projects to check off the list today, and Holiday Cleaning Week should officially be coming to an end. Then we can relax and enjoy the holidays! This is absolutely my favorite time of year!!!

No comments: