Sunday, November 18, 2007

Menu Plan Monday




I had already planned to post my Thanksgiving menu, so I thought I would go ahead and join in on "Menu Monday" (sponsored by The Organizing Junkie) and elaborate on the whole week. http://orgjunkie.com/2007/menu-plan-monday-nov-19th/

I'll have to back up to Saturday since I usually go to the grocery store early on Saturday mornings, and my menu actually begins on Saturday. I'm only including our main meal of each day.

Saturday - Maybe I shouldn't have started with Saturday. We ate out at our favorite Tai restaurant where they serve amazing egg rolls. (On Saturdays, we usually eat out or my husband will cook and try a new recipe. )

Sunday - Pampered Chef Chicken Brunch Ring. This is a quick, easy, and a quite tasty meal for after church. The recipe can be found easily on the internet. I changed a few things this time around. I used organic turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, and instead of swiss cheese, I used sharp cheddar cheese - just because I forgot to buy swiss cheese. I think I like it better with the cheddar cheese.

Monday - Spaghetti with whole wheat pasta, spinach salad, and whole wheat rolls.

Tuesday - Beef stew in the crockpot and cornbread.

Wednesday - Stuffed Baked Potatoes and spinach salad. I bake the potatoes (organic of course!), and then everyone adds their own chili (we like Amy's Organic Chili), cheddar cheese, and/or sour cream.

Thursday - HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I'm hosting an afternoon meal for my family, and here's what my girls and I will be preparing: Turkey (Free after earning my six turkey points at Ingles! We'll be deep frying our turkey this year. Never done this before, so say a prayer!), Cornbread dressing, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Homemade Macaroni & Cheese, Black-eyed peas, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole, 7-Layer Salad, Deviled Eggs, and Homemade whole wheat yeast rolls. For dessert, Madison is planning to make a pumpkin pie. My sister is bringing a coconut cake.

Friday - Leftovers!

5 comments:

DanaB said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday--it looks great!!

~~

Anne said...

Everything looks wonderful! We like to eat organic when we can too! Organic milk tastes SO much better than the regular kind. Have a wonderful week!

DanaB said...

Thanks for coming by my blog at WindowsWideOpen! I'll gladly share my pizza rolls recipe with you...as soon as I write it down LOL! I'll blog it soon ;)

~~

Country Girl At Heart said...

Welcome to MPM. Your menu looks great. In my family we alternate each year between fried turkey and baked. This year we are baked.

Good luck with your turkey.

Cari said...

Hey, mommy. i love, the blog and it's looks great.
CARI