Thursday, November 22, 2007

Mission Accomplished: Thanksgiving Enjoyed


We had a very nice, enjoyable dinner with our family this afternoon. The girls and I cooked most of our dishes yesterday, although it was a very leisurely sort of day. We didn't spend the whole day in the kitchen, and I was suprised at how quickly we got everything accomplished. Madison started out by making Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Bars. They were quite tasty, and I sampled several of those yesterday. Cari helped me with the cornbread dressing, and even Amelia joined in by crumbling up some cornbread - which she enjoyed doing very much I might add. I then took some leftover chicken from the dressing and used this to make some chicken nachos for our lunch. Afterwards, we went outside for a while, and later in the afternoon we worked on a few more dishes. I got up early this morning and did some last minute picking up in the house - which was a good thing since we had some unexpected company for about an hour this morning - just part of a pastor's job and not a problem at all. I then finished up the rest of our meal, and Brad fried the turkey. It was so moist and tasted great. I'm glad we decided to try something new this year with the turkey, and thankfully, we never appeared to be in any danger and encountered no casualties!

Now, everyone's gone home (including my children who went home with my mom and dad to help put up their Christmas tree), and it's very quiet around here. The dishes are cleaned and put away, and the leftovers are waiting in the 'fridge. I guess I better get to bed soon since I plan to leave here at 5 a.m. in the morning to go get a great deal on a new Christmas tree. I haven't been shopping on Black Friday in years, but when I saw this deal, I figured it might be worth the effort. I can always take a nap when I get back home.....

No comments: