Friday, November 23, 2007

Oh My Goodness!

Now I remember why I don't shop on Black Friday!! Although, I guess I really can't complain because I did get my tree! I went with my dad this morning as he was wanting to go by Circuit City and get a laptop they were having a great deal on - it was $299 after rebates! Evidently, everyone else in the surrounding counties had the same idea. The store appeared to be filled to capacity, and they had a line going down the sidewalk of I would guess around 100 people waiting to get in. Not to mention there was not a parking space to be found. We didn't think twice about getting in that mess, so we circled through and headed to the other side of town to Joanne. Thankfully, there were not nearly as many people in that area. We were there about 15 minutes before the store opened, so I waited about 10 minutes and then went and got "in the line" - my first time to experience waiting in a line for someone to open the doors to a store. There really weren't that many people there when they opened up - at least not compared to what we had seen earlier, and I walked straight in and hurriedly began looking for my tree. I took a wrong turn, but when I turned the corner I saw a stack of six trees in the middle of the store. By the time I got to them, there were four. As I walked away, there were only two left. I'm glad I got there when I did.

I guess we'll be spending the afternoon decorating for Christmas with a break somewhere to watch the Texas Longhorns (hopefully) beat the A&M Aggies! Hook'em horns!

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I'm so glad you got the tree! (Anybody who gets up that early the day after Thanksgiving OUGHT to be rewarded for it. It oughtta be a law!)

Rhonda said...

Thanks! It's not the most beautiful tree in the world, but for $30, what did I expect? At least I didn't have to put the lights on it, which was my main goal.