Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Making Your Home a Haven Challenge: Day 3

1) Refresh Your Spirit: (5 minutes) - Prayer time and Bible Reading (Ecclesiastes 7). I needed extra prayer this morning as I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. We had a wonderful time Christmas shopping yesterday, but I was EXHAUSTED last night. Madison and I did manage to get the spaghetti cooked just before we had to leave for her basketball practice, but there was no energy to clean up after we finished eating last night. So...I have to tackle that before anything else this morning. I did get up on time, though, so that helps!

Now, it was suggested to write down this morning three things that I am thankful for. It is terribly hard to narrow it down to three, but I'll do my best: 1) Of course I'm most thankful for Jesus. If not for Him, there would be no cause to be thankful! 2) My husband and children (and all of my other wonderful family members and in-laws). God has blessed me with a wonderful family, and I so often don't feel worthy to have them in my care, but it is always my prayer that God would lead me in this area and continue to be gracious where I fail. 3) I was thinking this morning how thankful I am that I have good eyesight and hearing. It is so sad to me to think of not being able to see my children grow or hear their voices sing, talk, and laugh. I am so thankful every day for these two senses that God has blessed me with!

2) Take Time to Plan (5 minutes) - Menu Plan for today is Hobo meals (see Menu Plan Monday post). We have to be at church early tonight for Christmas play practice, so I'm going to make an effort to get this prepared early in the afternoon. Other "to dos" are to straighten living room and bed room, clean kitchen, and try to complete today's challenge, which is:

3) Do Something! (15 minutes or so) "Today we're going to focus on the laundry and laundry room. Light a candle, put on your apron, turn on some uplifting music, and get busy!Your goal by the end of today is to have all of your laundry finished, folded, and put away." This is another challenge I needed. Our washer broke last Thursday morning, and it was Saturday morning before the repairman could make it out. I've not caught up yet. I'll try to do that today. I'll try to post some before and after pictures later (which will be a humbling experience for sure)


Okay, I was able to get back and post a picture of the "before." It may be tomorrow before the "after" occurs. I'm trying to get everything washed and folded at this point. We will probably do the "putting up" in the morning. The picture looks bad but doesn't reveal the whole situation, as everyone has their own laundry baskets that had yet to be dumped at the point the photo was taken.

No comments: