Day 4 Challenge:
1. Refresh Your Spirit - Check.
Verse to keep in mind today: Ecclesiastes 7:9 - Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. And there is a reason for this. We are trying to housebreak a Bichon Frise puppy, and I got so angry with him yesterday. How long does this take??!! I would have given him away yesterday if someone had been standing there wanting him. Thankfully, we have a basement where he stays most of the time. If this were happening upstairs, he would have been gone weeks ago. He does well sometimes, and then other times just doesn't seem to be getting it. (If anyone has any help or encouragement in this area, I would certainly appreciate it!) Anyway, I know I shouldn't have gotten so angry. I could blame it on the beginnings of the headache, but I know it's not wise to play the blame game. It all boils down to the fact that it just wasn't a good example. Therefore, I need to remember this verse today - and the next, and the next..... I don't want to be a fool!
2. Take Time to Plan - This morning I need to:
- Finish laundry and put away
- Straighten living room, kitchen, bed room, and our bathroom
- Clean the girls' bathroom
- Inspect the girls' rooms
- Complete schoolwork
I also have to have dinner ready early today. I'm making creamy potato cheese soup and cornbread so it will be easy for my husband to fix/warm up when he gets home. The girls and I are going to see a Christmas performance by a show choir in Wadley, Alabama. Brad won't be home in time to go. UPS is crazy this time of year! It will be quite a drive for us, but we're going with people from our church (about 40 of us), and we will meet there and ride with someone. They say the show is fantastic, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.
3. Do something! - As you can read above, I do plan to do something. The challenge for today is to clean the bathroom, and that was already on my list. (I do an Emilie Barnes routine around here. I'll have to post my schedule sometime.) I'll try to post pictures and maybe will get to that after shot of my laundry room at some point today!