Monday, December 10, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


Saturday - Grilled stuffed chicken breasts (we used turkey bacon in place of the sausage and didn't use the sherry. Recipe is a bit time consuming but delicious!), salad, cinnamon carrots, green beans, pumpkin rolls (after hearing a couple of people rave about these rolls, I had to try them, and they were very good. I used half freshly-ground sprouted whole wheat flour and half regular flour. Next time I may try using just the wheat flour), and brownies (I used Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa, and this worked well). Brad invited one of his co-workers and his family over to our home Saturday evening, and this is what we fixed for them. We set the tables with our Christmas dishes and red and green linen napkins, and with candles lit, this almost seemed like a fancy restaurant meal!
Sunday - Grilled chicken salad. This was so quick and easy. Ingles had their Oscar Mayer grilled chicken strips on sale this weekend, so we just added this to our leftover salad from Saturday night. It was a good thing because I certainly didn't have time for cooking lunch yesterday afternoon. We had our children's Christmas play at church last night, so I had presents to wrap, goodies to bake, and finger foods to put together for fellowship meal afterwards. I made Rice Krispie Treats, chocolate peanut butter balls, and more pumpkin rolls. Madison fixed a nine-layer bean dip (TGI Friday's Nine-Layer Bean Dip from my Top Secret Recipes Cookbook). This is delicious and always goes fast.
Monday - Hobo meals (never got to make this last week), slaw, beans.
Tuesday - Baked chicken, steamed vegs, organic macaroni & cheese.
Wednesday - Chicken & dressing (using leftovers from Tuesday's meal), potato salad, leftover vegs.
Thursday - This is our ladies Christmas party at church. We'll be taking hot spinach and artichoke dip in a bread bowl and snowflake candy.
Friday - whatever we can find!
Click here for more menu ideas!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Rhonda,
I loved your menu plan for the week. Have a blessed week!
Vickie

Sandra said...

Great Menu, thanks for sharing :)

Mine is up too!

♥Sandra♥

Vickie said...

Yes, we live in Central Oklahoma. Currently our huge oak trees are leaning over our home and into the street. We live on a street that has the most beautiful trees that overhang the street but now they are about to split and fall into the road. We are expecting 100% ice the rest of the day and tomorrow. I am a little worried about our property, mainly our home. I am praying that it will not be damaged during the night or that we do not lose power.

I was just on the phone with my parents and their electricity was flickering. I know all of us affected in Oklahoma would appreciate the prayers of others.
Thanks!
Blessings,
Vickie

Rhonda said...

I am/will be praying for you.