Monday, December 17, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



Saturday - Pizza

Sunday - Chicken Casserole, toasted parmesan bread

At our ladies Christmas party at church last Thursday evening, one of the lady's brought this recipe, and it was delicious! She gave me the recipe, so I'll share it with you. It's quick, easy, and delicious.

Chicken Casserole

1/2 to 1 lb. chicken, boiled and cubed

1 box Uncle Ben's broccoli au gratin rice mix

1 small bag of frozen, chopped broccoli, steamed (I quickly cooked mine in the microwave)

1 can cream of celery soup

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 cup chicken broth

french fried onion rings

Mix together all the ingredients except for the onion rings. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and then top with the onion rings until lightly browned.

Monday - Whole wheat BLT sandwiches (using organic turkey bacon - never made a BLT with this, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this tastes), baked potatoes

Tuesday - Northern beans in crock pot (I like to cook these in chicken broth for extra flavor), turnip greens, cabbage slaw, cornbread

Wednesday - Chicken bake with tomatoes, salad, bread

Thursday - Hamburgers, chips

Friday - Taking bread and a dessert to a Christmas party

**NOTE** - I have a special request. My mother-in-law will be here with us next week, and she is a diabetic. If anyone has any recipes that are diabetic-friendly, I would love it if you would share them with me. Thanks!

For more menu ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a good week. Good luck with the diabetic stuff. My parents are diabetic, but they don't take good care of themselves, so I don't have recipes. Sorry.

My Menu Plan is up too! :)

Sandra said...

Great Menu, have a wonderful Christmas :)

♥Sandra ♥