Friday, December 7, 2007

Quick Mention About Last Night

The performance we saw last night by the SUJC show choir was incredible! I can definitely say it was worth getting home at 1 a.m. to see it. My two-year-old even sat still up until the very last song. It was a two-hour performance with about a 10-minute break in the middle. The first hour was sort of a variety show - Santa singing an Elvis song (hilarious!), some ballet to some Christmas classics, and several renditions by the entire choir.

I was not prepared for the second half. It was so amazing. I was very pleased that three kids from our church were a part of this. If you read my post about music last week, you may remember how I mentioned that we should be worshiping Jesus through our music in church, but it sometimes just turns into a performance. Well, last night I was expecting a performance and got worship instead! There had to be many Christians in this program as everything just seemed too "real." They reenacted the Christmas story, and the entire focus was on the baby Jesus. There was lots of "Jerusalem-type" music, which I just love. They sang one of my favorite songs "He Looked Beyond My Faults and Saw My Needs", but changed the words slightly to fit the occasion, "He'll Look Beyond My Faults and See My Needs." Whew!

The next to last song was absolutely incredible. I looked around and people actually had their hands raised in worship! I'm not a "jump the pews" kind of person, but I found myself having a hard time sitting down. Evidently everyone else felt the same way because when the song was finished, everyone jumped to their feet. I don't know if there was a dry eye in the place. I had never heard this song before but I found the lyrics on the Internet this morning, and here they are (the "tag" was awesome):

LORD, YOU'RE HOLY

Lord You’re Holy
Lord You’re Holy
Lord, You’re Holy
Lord, You’re Holy
And we lift You up And magnify Your Name
Lord, You’re Holy
Lord, You’re Holy
And we lift You up And magnify Your Name

As I look around and I see All the works that Your hands have made
The awesomeness of You And how Your love will never fail
Mere words cannot express what I feel inside
I can’t describe Your glory divine
But as a token of my love
This is what I’ll do I lift my hands and cry holy

CHORUS

There’s not enough words that I can say
To tell you how much I appreciate All the wonderful things You’ve given me
Your loving kindness Your tender mercies
It’s my desire to praise You And tell you how much I love You
You’re worthy of all the honor Lord You’re worthy of all the praise

BRIDGE I don’t know how You can love me
How You could give me So much mercy
You didn’t have to suffer and die for me Way back on Calvary
But I just wanna thank you
I thank you
I thank you
I thank you

TAG
Wonderful, Glorious, Holy, and Righteous
Victorious, Conqueror, Triumphant and Mighty Healer,
Deliverer, Shield and Defense Strong Tower and My Best Friend
Omnipotent, Omnipresent
Soon Coming King
Alpha, Omega, Lord of everything Holy, holy, holy is Your Name

No comments: