Thursday, January 3, 2008

Decorating with Christmas Presents

I love to decorate our home and make it feel cozy. I don't have as much time to scope out the good deals as I used to, so I love it when I receive gifts that give me ideas. I received a couple of those this year. I won't be re-decorating around here since we may be moving, but I'm already thinking ahead to our next home - whenever and wherever that will be!




Here is a pretty rooster bowl that I received from a friend. I love toile patterns, especially the black and white. I thought this piece would inspire a very pretty kitchen. I have red walls in my kitchen now, and I really like that, so I would probably do that again. Although, I do like the shade of yellow that is in the bowl. Hmmm..... I was in a Home Goods store the other day and saw lots of beautiful black and white toile dishes, so I can only imagine the possibilities. And I could always sew some black and white toile curtains - or maybe find a good deal on EBay!




Then my sister gave me these adorable, vintage-looking, ready-t0-be-embroidered towels. They are soooo cute, and came with a nice embroidered envelope case. I thought they could possibly make for nice kitchen decorations also - sort of a Rachael Ray style I would think. But I don't think that would fit my overall taste. Then I thought, "why not a child's room?" I don't know if Amelia would agree, but she's too young to know the difference at this point! I think these would make for a good "cow jumping over the moon, dish running away with the spoon" type of theme.


A friend from church gave me this adorable teapot lady, and I think she would fit in rather nicely with the towels.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! There's not even a for-sale sign in the yard yet and we haven't come close to finding where we want to move to. But I'm ready to decorate as soon as we get there!

2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

OK. You KNOW I want that Teapot Lady! So if you're tired of it by my birthday, that would make a lovely gift, don't you think? (If not, find out where your friend got it, please! Thanks!)

Rhonda said...

I'll see what I can do!