Friday, January 25, 2008

End of the Week This and That

My 8-year-old daughter, Cari, painted the above picture at her oil painting class yesterday. I think she's a fine little artist! Of course, I do have to admit she has a wonderful teacher who could probably even teach me how to oil paint! Cari has this class once a month and really enjoys it (except for the fact that our group has a play day on this day, and she's usually torn because she really wants to go play with her friends. She always ends up enjoying her class though.) This is Cari's first year as the teacher prefers the students to be at least 8 years old before taking the class. Madison took for a few years and has gone a couple of times with Cari, but she didn't go yesterday.

Madison didn't go yesterday because she got her cast off! She's hoping she'll get to play in tomorrow's game, so she wanted to go to the gym and get some practice. She got in a little bit of practice, but all the kids ended up having a great time playing dodge ball and kick ball in the gym, but I figured both of those games were great tests for how she'll be able to handle a basketball game. I hope. I cannot believe how rough these 11- and 12-year-old girls can be! She does have to wear a soft brace for a couple of weeks, and then the doctor said she should be finished with all this.

I did get two more cabinets cleaned out this week, but I won't bore you with more photos of that. I cleaned out the medicine cabinet - I'm embarassed to say that I found some Rx medication from 2002! I went through the toddler-size cups and kept only those Amelia actually uses regularly, and I put more dishes in the yard sale box that I've never used or have rarely used. I guess I'll keep working in the kitchen next week finishing the rest of the cabinets and then moving on to the pantry and refrigerator.




I know I mentioned several weeks ago about our newest member of the family, our puppy named "Major" (that's him in the above picture wearing his #10 - Vince Young - Texas Longhorn jersey). He's doing much better now and is only going into his kennel to eat. He's even staying out all night and has been accident free. I think he did have one accident this week during the day, but that is "major" progress! I was beginning to think this day would never come, and there were a few times I was ready to find him a new home, but things definitely seem to be looking up now. I'm still hoping he'll turn out to be one of those dogs that goes to the door when it's time and then knocks when he's ready to come back in, but I'll be happy where we're at for right now.

As for an update on my 2008 goals, thankfully I'm up to date with my schedule of trying to read the Bible through this year (Even though it might be a month late, I've added a weekly Bible reading schedule to the side of my blog). The "For Sale" sign is in the yard. And lastly, the budget seems to be on track. In fact, I told Brad I think we can now reduce our grocery budget from $110 to $100. I know, it's not a huge change, but I'm all about baby steps! It certainly shouldn't be hard this week with all the stuff I bought last week.

This Sunday will be our last Sunday at the church Brad has pastored for the past seven years. They're giving us a going away lunch after the morning services. I know it's going to be sad, as has every other service since he resigned. But we know it's time to move on, and we're ready. I have another post I'm working on about that, but it's not quite finished yet.

As always, I thank God for His blessings, provision, and answered prayers this week. Psalm 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name."

No comments: