Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's a fracture....

We got in to see the doctor around 3:00 yesterday afternoon, and he sent her for an x-ray. He called later that evening and said it was a buckle fracture of the distal radius. We have to go see an orthopedic doctor today. She was really upset when I told her what he said. She wasn't worried about her arm - her sadness was all about missing the rest of the basketball season. I was really sad for her because I know how much she loves to play. I know there's a bigger reason for this, although we don't see it now or may never see it. I knew that game Saturday was going to be a rough game because of the team we were playing, and I specifically remember praying for her protection and that of the other girls. It wasn't God's will to answer that prayer, and I trust that He has a purpose in that. Or maybe He did answer it - this could be providing her protection from something worse.

She was feeling better last night after getting some phone calls and going out for ice cream after supper. We're anxious to hear what the doctor has to say today and what he plans to do....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rhonda,
I hope Madison is feelin better soon and today goes well at the Doc.. We will pray for her and you. Interesting point about God's protection!!! tammyp

Rhonda said...

Thank you!

Liz said...

Wow! I hope everything turn out okay! She will definitely be in our prayers!

Hope ya'll have a great day!

Liz,

Rhonda said...

Thank you, too!