Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A New Year, a new plan-ner

I've been using the same planner/organizer for around 6 or 7 years. This past year, the three-ring binder completely removed itself from its home within the organizer, so I had to face the fact that it was time to move on. It was one of those kinds where you just add the refill calendar each year and keep all of your other information.


I tried to find another one like it, but the ones I looked at didn't have all of the same sort of information that this one included for daily planning/organizing. Earlier in the year, I had looked at an organizer of sorts on MarmeeDear.com, and I seemed to keep coming back to it. I hadn't seen it in person, but it looked like something I would like. It's called Yearbook for the Homekeeper 2008.







I went ahead and made the purchase, and not only do I like it, I love it! I am really enjoying using this organizer. It has pages for everything! It is rather large, but I like that. It makes it easier to keep up with, and it allows for lots of room for writing in the spaces on the calendars.


The calendars are broken up into one week per page. Each week has a Bible verse at the top and a vintage-type motherly drawing. It also includes reminders for the week, some of which include: Take my vitamins, read my Bible and pray, be a helpmeet to my husband, be thankful in all things, be a blessing to someone, etc...

Some of my favorite pages in the planner include a monthly menu plan calendar along with shopping list, a place to record all of the books you have read for the year, an address file section, a place to keep up with Bible memory verses, and also a page to check off the Books of the Bible you've read for the year. There is so much more, so click HERE if you want to see the list of all the other information this planner allows for.


I ordered mine through The Old Schoolhouse Store, as I was able to save a little on shipping. It comes either spiral bound or three-hole punched for you to put in your own binder. I purchased the spiral bound, but I wish I had gotten the three-hole punch. I will next time. Next year, I guess I can just three-hole punch my reusable information myself and then purchase a new calendar for the things that need to be refilled.

1 comment:

Cari said...

That sound's great.