Friday, February 8, 2008

DVD and CD Review

I received my DVDs and CD yesterday. I watched the The Eden String Quartet - A Bountiful Harvest, and it was beautiful. They were really a lovely family, and I enjoyed getting a glimpse of their family life. I watched most of it yesterday afternoon and finished it last evening. Then I went back over my favorite parts for my husband to see. I could have listened to the music over and over.

After watching this film, your first thought may be to run out and buy some violins and get your children to the nearest instructor. After giving it a little more thought, you may realize this isn't necessarily the way to go. I was very encouraged by this family's faith and hope in the Lord. Although it would be wonderful if my children could play any instrument as well as these girls, what I really desire is that my children have a heart that seeks after Christ and desires to do His will in their lives above any other - just as the Miller sisters demonstrated in their testimonies.

I was left with a couple of questions that I would love to know the answer to. #1 - I wonder if Krista did get married and if she went into the mission field to Africa? and #2 - I would love to know the age of the mother. She was such a beautiful lady. With seven children ranging in age from 2 to 21 (whenever this was filmed), she looked amazing for whatever age she is.

Now I'm looking forward to watching the other DVD - A Journey Home.

I also received the Steve Sensenig CD, and I know I've used the word "beautiful" a lot, but that's the best way to describe this CD. I had it playing this morning, and it was so peaceful and encouraging. There's only one problem - this is the sort of music you really need to sit down and relax and have a cup of hot tea while you're listening to it, so I had to convince myself to keep moving!

3 comments:

Liz W. said...

Hi, Rhonda!

It was great seeing you once again tonight! Thought I'd share you the link to the Miller's family blog...I know they are such an interesting family! Their music is just heavenly!

http://cmmillerblog.blogspot.com/

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Liz! I appreciate you sharing that, and we enjoyed seeing you all last night, too!

Steve Sensenig said...

I didn't find this review until now, and I'm sorry I missed it at the time. But a very belated "thank you" for such positive comments about my music. I hope it has continued to be a blessing to you.

steve :)