Thursday, February 7, 2008

Movies and Music

Most of my family gives me money for my birthday, which I really enjoy as it allows me to get some of the things on my wish list. A few of these things I had to order, and I can hardly wait for them to show up in my mail box. We're trying to get away from our television more and more, and in the process, we're trying to build our DVD library with good quality films. I made a couple of DVD purchases from Franklin Springs. They had a package deal on these two:




These are real stories about real families that appear to be very inspiring. I can't wait to see for myself. There are several others that looked great also, but the package deal sold me on these two. I'll have to gradually add the others.

I've also been looking for a good instrumental hymn CD to add to my music library, and when I saw the review for this one in The Old Shoolhouse Magazine, I decided this might be what I was looking for.





This CD by pianist, Steve Sensenig, has lots of my favorite hymns on it. I was wanting something inspiring to listen to while we're doing our morning chores, breakfast, and getting ready for school to start. (His web site says you can listen online to some of his music, but for some reason - even with DSL - I was unable to get any of them to work.)



PS - On a totally different note - Madison made the basketball All Star team as did one of her best friend's, Erin, who is also homeschooled. They're very excited and happy that the season is not over yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhonda,
I hope you enjoyed your birthday!!!
I got to see the Eden String girls at the Homeschool confrence, they were fabulous. Bought thier cd and my girls love it. I want to see the other dvd ,please review when you receive them and have opportunity. Our family has chosen not to have tv, and i am very thankful. We do like to watch dvd's sometimes, building a library is a good idea. Again i hope you had a wonderful day. tammyp