Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Weekly Savings

On Money Saving Mom, the question was asked, "How often do you shop?" Here's my answer: I shop once a week at the grocery stores – stopping first at Ingles (double coupons!) and then going to Wal-Mart for whatever is left on the list. I always go early on Saturday mornings to beat the rush, but I’m thinking about changing to a weekday to see if I might can get more deals as far as meats and fresh (or not so fresh) fruits and vegs. Not sure if it will make a difference, but I’m thinking about it.

I usually go to CVS once a week also – usually on a day when I’m going to town for other reasons such as ball practice or library trip.

In an earlier post, I noted that we have cut our grocery budget down to $100/week. It’s worked out nicely for the past two weeks, but I’m hoping to cut it even further. I’m still learning, and of course we are a family of five – which includes four adult-size eaters and a two-year-old with a big appetite. We try to eat at home for all three meals every day with few exceptions. We usually eat out once a weekend as a family, and the girls and I eat out for lunch once a week.

I didn’t get a picture of my CVS deals this week, but I’ll list them here:

2 - 14 oz. Bags of M&M’s ($3.49 each, used $1.00 off coupon) Received $3 in Extra Bucks
2 – Garnier Nutrioniste Facial Cleanser ($5.99 each, used $3.00 off coupon) Received $7 in Extra Buckets
1 – Aqua Fresh Toothpaste ($1.99, used $2.00 coupon) FREE
1 – Arm & Hammer Toothpaste (on sale for $1.99, used $.75 coupon) Received $1 in Extra Bucks
1 – Purex Laundry Detergent (on sale for $2.99, used $1.00 coupon)
1 – Fem. Product ($4.89, used $1.00 coupon)
2 – Orbit Chewing Gum ($1.19 each , used B1G1 free coupon)

Used $5 off of $30 coupon and then used $7 in EB.

Total out of pocket after coupons and EB = $12.24
Received $11 back in ExtraBucks for my next trip!!

No comments: