Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2,800 Miles Later......

and we're back home! We had a great time on our trip, but it's always nice to get back home. All the suitcases are unpacked, clean clothes are put away, and the washer and dryer are working overtime! I had a little break, so I thought I would blog while I had a chance. We left on Friday the 14th to go visit the in-laws in Ft. Worth, Texas. We stayed there for a couple of days and then traveled to New Mexico where we visited Carlsbad Caverns and White Sands National Monument. There were no mishaps on this trip, and we were blessed with safety the entire 10 days. We had planned to leave Saturday the 15th around 3:30 a.m., but when Brad got home from work on Friday, he suggested we go ahead and leave. The girls were thrilled with that suggestion, so we kicked things into high gear and left within an hour or two around 8:00 p.m. We completely missed the storms that came through Georgia on Friday and Saturday, so that was a tremendous blessing. We drove all night and made it to his parents' home around 7:30 a.m. Well, Brad drove all night. I did all the driving through Alabama and about an hour or two in Texas. The rest of the time I was snoozing. He was exhausted when we made it to Texas, so I did everything I could to stay awake so he could get some sleep for a while (chewing gum was very helpful!). I was quite thankful when he woke up and felt rested enough to continue the drive on in. It's really a time saver to drive all night if you can stand it. We didn't have to stop and eat (which saved some money). We took some snacks, and those sufficed our middle of the night hunger needs. We only had to stop for gas for the vehicle and a few bathroom breaks. The girls slept most of the way, so they were amazed at how "quickly" we got there. We slept the morning away when we did get there, but we were glad everything worked out the way it did.

I'll post some pictures from the trip over the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Rhonda--tammyp
I am so glad ya'll had a safe journey.

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Tammy!