Monday, April 14, 2008

The Ladies are Meeting

After some discussion with some of the ladies at our newly formed church fellowship, we are going to begin having a ladies meeting/Bible study for the ladies of our church and anyone else who would like to attend. This will be done in the spirit of Titus 2. Unfortunately, I've had very few true Titus 2 women as mentors in my life, and I am so looking foward to this. Most of those whom I have learned from over the past few years have been women over the internet that I really don't know. Although I'm thankful for these women and what they have taught (and I'm still hopeful to continue learning from them), I'm so excited that this is going to be happening in person with real people! Not that those other women aren't real, but you know what I mean.

The plan for now is to meet once a month and to use this time to encourage and learn from one another as we discuss our roles as women in light of God's Word.


Our first meeting will be April 23rd at 6:30 p.m. at my home. I'll have refreshments available at 6:30 (no one needs to bring anything), and we'll begin our topic for the evening at 7:00. We're going to start by watching "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women." Here's a description I borrowed from Vision Forum:

The 16th century reformer John Knox wrote his famous tract "The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women" to oppose a notorious European female tyrant who sought to stamp out biblical Christianity in his beloved Scotland. When we approach the issues of our day we wish to borrow his biblical perspective to apply his blast against those who rule in the wake of his monstrous queen. This group, we shall see, far surpasses the queen's iniquities in both kind and degree. Today, the feminists are our monstrous regiment!

This film calls women back to a life filled with joy and beauty that can only be found by following God's Word. Content in this documentary is mature and handled with sobriety.


Audience discretion must consider content including images of aborted fetuses and discussion of Planned Parenthood agendas.

The film is 80 minutes long, so we'll probably watch the first 40 minutes or so and then use the rest of the hour for discussion. If you're in the area and would like to join us, send me an email or give me a call, and I'll give you directions to my home.

(If there is anyone who would like to come but Wednesday is not a good night for you, let me know what would be a better day. Wednesday was sort of just "pulled out of the hat." As most of our schedules are pretty flexible, we could try meeting on another day the following month if it works out better for most of those wanting to be involved.)

No comments: