Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wonderful News!

The Lord is blessing our family with another little one around the first of November! My first doctor visit will be April 25th. I had planned to wait until that point to make the official announcement, but oh well! I've definitely been feeling the symptoms, and the typical nausea I've had with the others has been in full swing. It does seem to be getting better, though.

I've been blessed with very easy pregnancies and my labors and deliveries have been without incident. But I've always requested an epidural, and usually after two tries, only one side takes. The side that doesn't take is excruciatingly painful. I've wondered if I'd be better off without the epidural so the pain is spread out and not confined to one area? I'll be looking into natural childbirth this time - something I've never even thought about for one second with past pregnancies - but I'm still not ruling out trying the epidural again.

That being said, I've been visiting a chiropractor in the past week. The thought occurred to me that maybe there is something wrong with my back that prevents the epidurals from working. With the chiropractor being the "natural-remedy-doctor" that he is, I got the feeling that he didn't necessarily endorse the epidural. He did encourage me that chiropractic care can help with the labor and delivery, and he has numerous testimonies to hold up that statement. I figure it's worth a shot. Although I've always heard wonderful things about chiropractic care, I've been scared to go. I was afraid it would hurt, but there has been no pain at all. I guess if you have pain to begin with then it might hurt a little, but all we're doing is making adjustments to get things in line. I was very happy to hear about an instrument he uses called the Pro-Adjuster, which is used to adjust your neck and spine in a gentle manner. I did have a table adjustment also, but it wasn't anything like I expected, and there was no pain involved whatsoever.

I usually have back pain at some point also, so I'm hoping regular visits will help with that, too. And the best part of all is that my insurance company is paying for the majority of this! When all is said and done, I'll be sure to give my opinion as to whether it made a difference or not. For the time being, I can note that I did noticeably feel better after my first visit.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

That *is* wonderful news!!! Congratulations to your family, and best of luck for a healthy pregnancy, labor and delivery.

I had my oldest without an epidural and just when I thought I couldn't handle the pain any longer, it was over. I had epidurals with my littles, though. Sounds like the chiropractic route is a good way to go.

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Becky!

Anonymous said...

Dear Rhonda,
I am so, so happy for you and your family!!!!! Congratulations!!! Blessings from the Lord!!tammyp

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Tammy!

Liz W. said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!
What wonderful news!

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Liz!