Thursday, May 15, 2008

Have I Stopped Blogging?

I don't think so. It's just been a little difficult to find time here lately. I mostly blame the medical transcription, but I guess I could get up at 4:30 a.m. and find some extra time somewhere.... I don't think I miss it enough to do that! When I'm finished with my MT work in the mornings, I'm ready to shut the computer down for the day and put it in a place where I can't see it. I'm hoping that will end soon as I'm thinking it's time to once again hang up the medical transcription for a while. We're planning on re-starting school sometime in the middle of July (we actually still have two more weeks left of this school year), so I would really like to call it quits before that time. This work can sometimes really interfere with our school work, especially when I have extra and I don't get the girls up as early as I would like to. That puts us behind getting chores started, which puts school behind, and then the whole rest of the day is crazy.

With Madison and Cari beginning 7th grade and 4th grade respectively, I feel like they are going to need more attention than in the past. We received some of our new curriculum this week, including My Father's World, and I'm so excited to get started with it, but I know it's going to require more effort on my part than what we've used in the past. I will definitely need the early morning time to get everything prepared each day and not having the distraction of MT will be a huge plus!

Every spare moment I had yesterday was spent looking through all the wonderful books I received and the teacher's manual, which simply amazes me. I had been reading a comment by a reviewer of this curriculum the other day, and they had said they didn't like being told every detail of what needed to be done and on what day it needed to be completed. Their negative comment was actually a positive for me! That's exactly what I've been looking for! I've been reviewing and studying the schedules for the first few weeks, and I just love how everything has been put together. My oldest wanted to stop what we're doing now and just go ahead with the new stuff, but I told her we need a little break before moving on. My husband wanted to start reading some of the missionary biographies during our Bible time in the evenings, but I told him those were part of the schedule, but that's something we can definitely do when the time comes in a few weeks. Madison has already started reading one of the books that came with MFW - it was part of an additional set of books that was for older students and is not on the schedule, so it won't mess anything up if I let her go ahead and read it.

Anyway, I haven't stopped blogging, it may just be few and far between as we finish school, complete the year-end assessment test for each child, bring transcription to a close, and, oh yeah, we're having a yard sale in a few weeks, so I've got to get serious about cleaning out/organizing in my spare time instead of looking through books!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rhonda,
I like that you have your priorities in focus. While i noticed you posting less , i am glad it is not something you feel like you *have* to do. Do it when ya can and we'll enjoy that. Hope all is well and you are *felling*well. tammyp

Rhonda said...

Thanks, Tammy. I'm glad someone is still reading!