Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've been tagged!

Do you know what it means to be tagged? Here are the instructions as provided by My Sister:

"The rules of the game: Each player answers the questions themselves. At the end of the post the player tags 4 people and posts their names, and goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they've been tagged asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers."

So, here we go:

10 years ago
~ I had been married for six years, and I was two years into my role as a stay-at-home mom with 2-year-old Madison and just learning that she would be getting a sister/brother the following April. I was also getting used to working at home as a medical transcriptionist at this point, staying up very late typing and doing lots of research into the early morning hours while I was trying to figure out what in the world those doctors were saying!

5 things on my list today ~ I actually don't have anything that I HAVE to do today, but of course there are some things that need to be done as the last few days have been quite busy, so here goes.... 1) Finish picking up and doing some cleaning around the house, including a few loads of laundry. 2) Do some outside chores, including watering some almost dead plants and returning some items to their proper place that have been left outside for too long. For instance, there's a bike, swimming pool ladder, wet/dry vac, and grill sitting outside the basement garage door that are sort of "ruining the landscape" at the moment. Just in case someone might actually drive by and be slightly interested in looking at our home (it's still for sale), these things need to be put away. 3) Take the girls to the library. 4) Go downstairs to school room and begin making list of needed school supplies since I'm tentatively planning to begin school in about two weeks. 5) Prepare supper for tonight: Meatloaf, slaw, cream potatoes, and cornbread.

Snacks I enjoy ~ Tortilla chips w/cheese dip, slices of jalapeno cheese with crackers, juicy apples, brownies and lemonade from Chick-Fil-A.

Things I would do if I were a millionaire ~ Purchase a country, spacious home (not too big, not too small, but just the right size) on lots of acres for organic gardening and recreation with a barn for our grass fed milk cows and horses - we'd also have well water and solar power. We'd have an assortment of other animals also such as chickens and goats and a Great Pyrenees dog to take care of everything. Of course we'd need a swimming pool and hot tub. I would have a comfortable-size RV for taking family trips and maybe a condo or home on a beach somewhere for those times when we don't feel like driving the RV. A guest cottage would be built on the property for the in-laws when they're visiting or for other friends/family/someone-in-need needing a temporary place to stay. Lastly, we'd go ahead and get that minivan and pontoon boat. I could probably go on and on, but I'll stop there.

Places I have lived ~ Buchanan, Ga.; Tallapoosa, Ga.; Bremen, Ga.

You have now been tagged:

Elizabeth - Finding My Heart at Home
Cari - The Peanut's Gallery
Madison - Maddie's Space
Becky - Better Make It Through Today (Becky, I know you've already been tagged, but that just makes it that much easier! I don't actually know any of the other people whose blogs I read.)

3 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Isn't it funny that both of us want houses out in the country! I guess we get it honestly! (And should I make my reservation for the condo NOW?)

Rhonda said...

I think I'd hold off on the condo reservation for right now!

In the meantime, (to continue the dream) I just found a free subscription to Living the Country Life Magazine if you're interested.

http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/

Rebecca said...

So I didn't tag you, but I would have if I'd thought of it! I only tagged three people.

The kiddos are at Youth Police Academy, so today was a good day to be tagged.