Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Amelia!




It's hard for me to believe that Amelia is turning "3" today! We had her party on Sunday evening, but we forgot one very important thing. She had requested several weeks ago that we hunt eggs at her birthday party, and we completely forgot! She got so caught up in her presents - namely a little pool with slide and other objects that squirts out water in all directions - that it didn't occur to any of us. So, that's on our agenda for today - to hunt eggs. We'll also have a special lunch and go out for ice cream with daddy after supper.

For weeks now, whenever anyone asks her how old she is, she usually says, "I'm two, but I'm trying to get three." Well, congratulations! You made it!

She has been such a wonderful addition to our family. I never imagined myself having three children, much less four, but I hate to think what I would have missed out on! Amelia is a miracle, and if I have time, I hope to tell her story tomorrow. In Hebrew, Amelia means "work of the Lord." We have definitely seen Him work in her life, and we are forever grateful.

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

Yes, Amelia has definitely brought much joy to our family! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMELIA!