Friday, September 5, 2008

Grandparents Day, September 7, 2008

Cari was looking at our wall calendar this week and had noticed that this Sunday was Grandparents Day. I admit it probably would have passed me by had she not mentioned it. It seems to be one of those days that doesn't seem to get a lot of attention. She immediately said she wanted to get something for her grandparents, and I suggested she make something - like cookies. We visit my parents every Friday, so we spent yesterday afternoon in the kitchen baking cookies so they could be delivered today. She wanted to do them by herself, but Madison wanted to help. In the end, it was decided that Cari would go first and make her cookies, and then Madison would make a different cookie recipe when Cari was finished.

It helped that I made a quick run to CVS yesterday afternoon. I noticed that I had one $5 Extra Buck that was going to expire yesterday, and I wasn't about to let that happen! I ended up getting two tubes of CG Amazemint Lip Gloss for $5.99 each. After using a B1G1 coupon, a $1 coupon, and my $5 EB, these were free. I also received $5.99 in Extra Bucks for my next trip - not to mention $10 in EB that printed from a survey I participated in a few weeks ago! I know that was off the subject, but I had to throw that in. Anyway, we were wanting a little dessert, so I purchased three bags of candy for $1 each while I was there. These helped add to our cookie baking.

Cari's cookie was a basic chocolate recipe with chopped up Snicker bars added in. Madison made M&M cookies. They were both quite delicious! Amelia enjoyed pitching a few ingredients in the bowl every now and then but mostly had fun taking care of the leftover dough!


Cari spooning out her cookies


Madison and Amelia working on the M&M cookies


Amelia helping "clean up"


My main duty yesterday was cleaning up while the girls cooked. During this time, I had thrown some tuna in the trash that was left over from lunch. Then I threw in some leftover watermelon. When I turned around and looked back in the trash can, the tuna was staring back at me! I just had to take his picture.


Cari and the chocolate Snicker cookies


Madison and the M&M cookies


2 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I have to say, I've never seen a picture of someone's trash on their blog, but this was pretty cool! And regarding the cookies ... I hope there are some left at Mama and Daddy's tomorrow. Yum!

Rhonda said...

I couldn't resist. The little tuna monster was just too funny!