Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Household Update

I'm currently approaching the 34-week mark in the pregnancy. I absolutely cannot believe how quickly it has gotten here! The baby is reaching the point where he's "running out of room," so it's helping me anticipate the labor and delivery a little more each day. Until now, I've had several thoughts like "I don't think I can do this again." I do understand that I don't have a choice, but I've been really nervous and scared about the whole L&D thing. Some friends have seemed surprised when I make that statement since it is #4, but I guess it's all to deeply embedded in my brain. I've read several books over the past eight months regarding natural, medication-free child birth. While reading the books, I can almost convince myself that I can do it. Within a few days, the confidence begins to dwindle, and it's pretty much gone at this point. Since I've still been visiting the chiropractor every other week, I am curious to find out if an epidural would work this time, so I'm pretty sure I'll end up trying it again, but I am going to try to hold off on the pain medication until I really need it.

We are all very excited to meet this little guy, and I'm hoping he'll make his appearance sooner than later. Madison was my earliest baby - coming three weeks early (6 lbs 13 oz), Cari was two weeks late (9 lbs 1 oz), and Amelia was right on time (7 lbs 7 oz). I much prefer the 7 lbs 7 oz or less, but with the huge appetite I've had, who knows what we'll get! I was much more active with Madison and Amelia during the months before they were born, so I've tried to do that this time also - lots of walking around the neighborhood and continuing with daily activities, not to mention the 50 times a day I go up and down the basement steps during school hours! I was rather lazy with Cari as we were in a rental home while we were building the home we're in now, and there just wasn't much to do. I credit that to her being two weeks late.

Speaking of staying active, we worked in the yards a lot yesterday, and I think I overdid it. My back is not wanting to work this morning. I'm finding myself wishing I had a cane! We still have our house for sale and needed to do some maintenance outside yesterday - plant grass, put away the summer stuff, clean all the persimmons off of the sidewalk!, etc. We recently acquired a new real estate agent and dropped our price. She was recommended on Dave Ramsey's site, and she seems to have had a pretty successful year in comparison to many other agents. We're hopeful that she'll be able to sell it quickly, but we know it's all in God's timing and in His hands. In the meantime, we continue to wait.

I guess that's it for now - time to try to get busy! I hope you all are doing well!

No comments: