Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Leisurely Saturday - Finally!

It's been quite a few weeks since we have had a Saturday to do what we wanted/needed to do instead of having something scheduled that we had to do. For the past few weeks, we've been having softball tournaments ---



and one Saturday we participated in our local fall arts & crafts festival ---



With all that behind us, here are some things I was able to accomplish this Saturday - things that are hard to fit in during the week.

I was able to take some time to freeze some fruits and vegetables that were getting a little soft in the refrigerator. I also got a big bag of bananas at Ingles last Friday for $.99, so I peeled, chopped, and froze most of those for making smoothies. Overall, there wasn't an abundance to deal with, but I felt it was definitely too much to throw out and waste. I had several bell peppers from my dad's garden that I chopped and froze for later use, as well as some leftover apples that I chopped and froze for cobblers, muffins, etc.




Afterwards, I took the opportunity to list some winter clothes on EBay. I had them bagged up to take to the consignment shop, but I've learned (if they sell) that the money comes much quicker with EBay. I only listed one out of the three bags. If they don't do well, I'll probably send them all on to the consignment shop.

My mom had a spur-of-the-moment yard sale, so I helped Brad load up a couple of large items to take over there. I had no time to put together any little things, but it was nice to get a couple of big things out of the way. I spent a little time there in the afternoon and then it was off to Madison's ball practice.

While we were at ball practice, Brad set up a campfire in the back yard. When we got home, we all sat around the fire and roasted hot dogs and later roasted marshmallows and made S'mores. Yummy!!






When we finished, we went inside and made preparations for bedtime before settling in for the night to watch some Texas Longhorn football.

This was my kind of Saturday - no hurries or worries!

No comments: