It's funny how January 1st brings about the desire to evaluate the previous year and make changes where needed. I could make changes on July 1st, but it's never occurred to me to do so.
During my recent evaluation, I realized that there were things I wanted to accomplish and wanted my children to accomplish on a daily/weekly basis that were not getting done. So, last week I set out to create new schedules for myself and Madison and Cari. The previous schedules were no longer working and lacked some important details.
I'm not going to give Amelia a schedule at this point, but I would like to make a check list for things I would like to see her accomplish each day.
Today was our first day to try out the new schedules, and they worked great! It could have been beginner's luck, but I'm hoping the schedules will continue to be a help to us. The biggest factor depended upon me being able to get up at 6:30 a.m. Matthew has started to sleep a little longer until 4:00 to 4:30 a.m. He nurses and goes back to sleep pretty quickly, and thankfully it doesn't take me long to get back to sleep either, so 6:30 was not too difficult this morning. I'm also trying to not get on the computer until after 2 p.m. (when school work and most household chores should be completed). I'm great at wasting time in front of the computer and time can get away from me in the mornings, so I think this is going to be a big help if I can continue - giving up morning computer time is sort of like giving up chocolate!