Friday, May 29, 2009

Shepherd's Pie

Click here -----> Sunny Anderson's Shepherd's Pie

If you need a new recipe to try, this one was a big hit at our house this week, and you might like it, too. I love a good, one-dish meal. I was going to take pictures, but it disappeared too quickly! (Amelia even had three servings.)

For the potatoes on top of the pie, the recipe said to boil garlic with the potatoes. I had never done that before, but it was very good. I'll probably continue to make my mashed potatoes like that whenever they're on the "menu" - regardless of whether we're having Shepherd's Pie or not. Havarti cheese was an ingredient in this recipe that I don't think I've ever had before, but I wasn't disappointed with the flavor at all.

Recipe variation: We didn't do the mushroom gravy, and I left out the Hungarian Paprika as I didn't have a clue about where to find that.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!

No comments: