Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Afterthought

After I published my post yesterday, I was upstairs making pancakes for breakfast and pondering over what I had just written. (Actually, I had written it last Thursday and made some changes to it yesterday morning.) I was wondering if I was able to make the point I was trying to make. My thoughts can be a bit scattered sometimes and hard to write (type) down. I didn't want anyone to think I was advocating plastering fake smiles across our face just for the sake of "looking like a Christian." That wasn't my point at all. I know there will be times when we won't have a smile --- Eccl. 3:4 --- A time to weep and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance --- but for most of us, we have more reasons to smile than to not. Most of the time, the reason we are not smiling is because we are letting things of the world be our focus. It's a constant fight, but we have a great Coach if we'll just listen to Him and live life like He tells us to.

I'm a believer that God is in the smallest of things - even my mixed up blog! As I was running things around in my head, this song by Chris Tomlin came on the radio. I don't believe it was any small coincidence, and it summed up my thoughts completely.

How Can I Keep From Singing

~~~"I am loved by the King, and it makes my heart want to sing!"~~~

No comments: