Thursday, October 22, 2009

More about ~ Grace ~

I am truly enjoying the church we are currently attending. As I've shared before, my husband and I both have the desire for him to pastor again someday, but in the meantime, we know God has us at this particular church for a reason. We are learning so much, and we are confident that everything we are seeing and being taught will be of great use in the future. I don't think we've attended a service yet where I haven't learned something new or had another one of those things corrected in my mind that I've always believed but never really studied. God's Word, the whole council of God, is clearly expounded - and that's the way it should be. If we can't go to John MacArthur's church (that would be a bit of a drive!), I think we've found the next best thing - just on a much smaller scale. ;=)

On Wednesday nights, we've been studying forgiveness. You may wonder how that topic could be studied for more than one evening, but you would be surprised. As a side note last night, he mentioned something about grace, and a lightbulb exploded in my head. I had absolutely never considered it this way before.

God gives us enough grace to get us through each day. We don't have grace for the worries of yesterday or for what is going to take place tomorrow, next week, or next year. And we can't "borrow" from today's grace to take care of those worries. We should deal with each day with the grace we've been given, and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Matthew 6:34 - Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

No comments: