Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fall Texas Trip - Part II





My friend Emily gave me the wonderful idea of keeping a vacation journal. I wish I had thought of that sooner as so many of our vacations now run together. I found a cute Willow Tree journal on my bookshelf that my sister had given me a few years ago, and it was just what I was looking for. I started it the evening we left, and each day I would update the journal on what we had done the previous day. It's nice to have that to refer back to now.

On Monday, we traveled into Ft. Worth where Brad's mom works and met some of her co-workers at J.P. Morgan. We then went and ate at our most favorite Mexican restaurant ever - El Rancho Grande! It is out of this world. That evening, we had an enjoyable time playing in the leaves in the backyard and taking the above photos. (Cari and Brad were busy elsewhere and didn't make it into these shots.)

The first few days, Brad had three different friends stop by at different times that he had not seen in around 20 years. We were able to have supper with one of them and his family on Monday night. The power of Facebook!

No comments: