Monday, February 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


One of our friends had a very successful deer season. He killed six this year and ran out of room in his freezer. He offered to let us pick up and pay for the last one from the processor, and we were very happy to do so. So, I'll be using some venison in this week's menu.

Here's what I'm planning to fix (backing up to Friday):

Friday - Nachos (I used the ground venison in place of ground beef in the cheese sauce. Didn't really notice any difference.)
Saturday - Out to eat at Moe's Mexican for Valentine's Day. (Yes, I know we were a day early, but we wanted to beat the rush.) ;>)
Sunday - Zesty Mexican Soup (I chopped up and sauteed some chicken breast in butter and added it to the soup), cornbread
Monday - Chicken stir fry (Jasmine rice cooked in chicken broth and served with stir fry chicken, vegs (onions, carrots, zucchini squash, and cabbage), and sweet and sour sauce.
Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie, bread (I don't do the mushroom gravy, and I'm going to try the ground venison in it this time.)
Wednesday - French toast served with organic agave nectar (this is wonderful as syrup for French toast, pancakes, etc.!), deer sausage (this is going to be a first for us), fruit
Thursday - Venison cube steak and gravy, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, cinnamon carrots (my family loves cinnamon carrots - chop 5-6 carrots into bite-size pieces and steam until tender. In a small pan, mix 1/4 cup honey, 2 tbsp. butter, and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Add carrots and coat well.)

For more menu ideas, visit I'm An Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

I'm going to have to try those carrots! And please report on what y'all think of the deer sausage ...