Friday, February 26, 2010

Week in Review

It's been a rather busy week with not much time for blogging. I started my new transcription job this week, and it's filled up my free morning time that I was having. I think it's going to work out well, though. The learning phase - getting used to the new doctor and his speech as well as new terms - takes a few days, but he's easy to understand, and I am not hearing too many new words. The work is also slim to none on Fridays, and I think that's a good day for work to be slow. My old employers sent me a couple of small jobs this morning, and I got to sleep in a little bit. That was nice after getting up extra early all week. I didn't make it to my normal Friday morning grocery store run either, but there will be time for that in the morning. Sleep won over groceries this morning. We still have cereal and oatmeal for breakfast, and we'll grab something later for lunch when we're out and about.

It's funny how much more productive I am with my day when I get up early and make a few bucks doing the transcription. Somehow it gives me some needed motivation to take care of everything else that needs to be taken care of around here.

It's also been a crazy, somewhat draining week of child training. I've realized that the child training never ends until the day arrives that they're on their own, and I've learned that daily there are opportunities for training. It's extremely disappointing when you realize there may have been something you missed, but I thank God when He shows me what I've missed so that, with His help, we can try to get it right.

God's Word must inform not only our goals, but also our methods. Methods and goals should be complementary. You want your child to live for the glory of God. You want your child to realize that life worth living is life lived under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Your methods must show submission to that same Lord. ---Ted Tripp, Shepherding a Child's Heart


The stomach virus has also visited our house this week with two of the six of us having experienced it. Maybe the other four of the six of us are safe. Time will tell. That reminds me that I need to go clean the bathroom with the Green Works bathroom cleaner that I picked up on sale for $0.99 at CVS last night. I spent $8.80 and got the cleaner, Almay foundation, L'Oreal Excellence To Go hair color, Colgate toothpaste, a tub of Huggies diaper wipes, and a pack of gum. Not bad at all - and I received $7 back in Extra Bucks! I should mention that if you do shop at CVS, you should really scan your card when you walk in the door at the card scanner. I had never really done this until last week when I got the $5 off of $15 coupon. Last night, I got a $2 off of Huggies wipes. They were on sale for $2.50, so I paid $0.50 for a tub of diaper wipes. Gotta love that kind of deal.

I better get started with the rest of my day. We have a short day of school planned and then we'll go visit with my mom and dad for a while. Cari is excited because she gets to stay there all by herself tonight. Madison is going to a birthday party, and Amelia has a party in the morning, so we're going to go shopping this evening to get her little friend a gift. I hope you enjoy your weekend!


Cari displaying her cookie that the coach's wife made for each of the girls the night before their game last week.

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

Cute photo! Hope everyone is feeling well soon! Love you!