Friday, March 19, 2010

No More Refrigerator Mysteries



My sister gave me a set of these bowls for Christmas. In case you are wondering why, the fact is that, when asked, I like to request purposeful, practical, useful gifts. Since I'm the manager of this home, I'm always looking for ways to make my job a little easier. That wasn't necessarily my intent when I asked for food storage containers, but it has worked out that way. I asked for them because I'm a bit cheap when it comes to some things but finally came to the realization that what I was using was no longer working. For the most part, my previous storehouse of containers consisted of leftover sour cream containers, jumbo yogurt containers, etc. They worked okay but were not very pretty nor were they very reliable in some instances. Plus, often I would put leftovers in them, and over time if the leftovers were not used up soon, I would forget and assume I had "yogurt" or "sour cream." I would get quite a surprise at times - you know, like science experiment type stuff.

The biggest benefit to these see-through containers is that my refrigerator is staying cleaned out. I had declined to mention it until now as I wanted to make sure my theory was going to prove true, and it has been three months since Christmas, and that does seem to be the case. So, if you're tired of refrigerator mysteries at your home and don't have any see-through containers, I highly recommend these Food Network containers. They are quite sturdy and very well made, and they suction shut when you snap the lid in place. There are snaps on all four sides, and you can't snap them all properly unless the lid is on correctly, so you know your food is well taken care of. They wash easily, and overall, they were just what I needed. Thanks, Angela!

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

My pleasure! Glad to know they're still doing the job!