Thursday, April 22, 2010

Boys and Their Toys

Yesterday, I loaded up the kids and headed to the local library for story time. We were running late, and we hurriedly walked - can't run in the library :>) - to the back of the library where story time takes place. I found a seat in the middle of a bunch of people, and Matthew was sitting in my lap. I noticed a couple of ladies staring at Matthew, and when I looked over they were smiling sweetly at him. A few minutes later, I noticed someone else was doing so. I know he's cute and all, but I wasn't sure what was going on. I assumed he must be making cute faces at them or something. Then I looked down. I had forgotten that Amelia had thrown her baby doll at me while we were entering the library. Matthew had found it and was hugging it tightly. Oh, so that's what they were smiling about..... I tried to slowly release it from his grip and place it in the floor, but he wouldn't have it. He immediately started fussing, so I gave the doll back - you shouldn't fuss in the library - and of course this drew even more attention to the fact that my son was hugging a doll. So now these people think that I let my son play with dolls. Oh well, there are definitely worse things!

By the way, I am trying to build up his monster truck collection, which he loves to play with, but with three sisters, it's going to be hard to keep him away from the barbies and babies!

No comments: