Friday, April 9, 2010

The Challenge

Well, I did okay with the challenge, but I never did take any pictures. The only day I didn't do well was on Tuesday. We had Madison's basketball banquet to go to that evening, and since I didn't have anywhere else to go that day, I wanted to wait until later in the afternoon to do the whole hair and makeup thing.

I feel my biggest accomplishment was on Monday when I didn't have to go anywhere but got dressed anyway. I didn't feel like I needed to hide from my neighbors when the kids and I took a walk around the neighborhood that day, so that was a plus! The only problem was the children asked a few times about where we were going - they just couldn't understand why I had gotten dressed to stay home. Sad, huh?

My only problem is the fact that I feel like I can clean and do chores so much better when I'm wearing my pj's. I guess the best route for me is to get all my chores done and then not be so lazy about getting dressed after that.

That was fun, though. I love a good challenge. Now I should really be doing the "Clear Out the Clutter" challenge over at Money Saving Mom, but I think I'll save that one for next week, or the next.......

9 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

You know what, I agree that the biggest accomplishment is getting dressed when we have no where to go - it just makes us feel better! Oh, and about the cleaning thing, try a pretty apron! ;)

Tiffany said...

Ooh yes, I echo Sarah Mae - a pretty apron! {grin}

Traci Michele said...

Great job! I too, feel like I have to "hide away from the neighbors" when I don't get ready in the morning.

It allowed me to get out and about (going for walks, etc) more!

Nice to meet you! I'm a new follower :-)

Traci

Kristine McGuire said...

Hi. I found you through Sarah Mae's challenge :) I agree, it can be very difficult to get dressed when we have no place to go. My children are now grown and I stay at home (I'm a writer and speaker) to do a lot of my work but it can be hard to get motivated out of my pj's! I like Sarah's suggestion of a pretty apron. I might have to get one myself :)

Layton Family Joy said...

my son was the same way - wanted to know where we were going. eek!

Stef

Rhonda said...

Actually, I just remembered that I do have a pretty Vera Bradley apron that my mom gave me some time ago ~ maybe I should start putting it to good use!

Rachel said...

Great job!! I did a couple spontaneous things this week 'cause I was already dressed!! Hope you had fun! =)

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Good job! I agree that the hardest thing to do is get done up when there is nowhere to go! :) I like Sarah Mae's apron suggestion.
Blessings,
Joy

Treasures from a Shoebox said...

My daughters and I were discussing wearing aprons as well; so we can wear our nicer clothes and not worry about ruining them. Glad you had a great week. P.S. My younger ones who didn't know about the challenge kept asking where I was going as well. :)