Saturday, April 3, 2010

Time for a Lighter Subject

So what else has been going on around here besides reading about Bible versions? Well, mostly we've been enjoying this wonderful spring weather! It has been absolutely gorgeous this week! I'm even excited about seeing some pollen - that is definitely a first.

After hibernating for the past few months with all the rain and cold and snow, I can't get enough of the warm air and sunshine. The girls have had fun playing with the neighbors this week as the local schools are having spring break. We've been able to get some yard work done, and I've also learned that Matthew now loves to swing. He had an indoor baby swing that I put away some time ago because he never liked to swing and would be very unhappy if I tried to put him in it. But now, on the outdoor swing, I can hardly get him out once I put him in!



One time, when I finally got him out, we were walking around the yard, and he fell in a pile of leaves and a stick got him right under the eye. I've said quite a few prayers of thankfulness since then that the stick didn't get him a little higher or it could have really hurt his eye. (Again, thank you, Lord.)

Here's a picture of his "boo-boo" taken at an Easter egg hunt this week. Amelia and her friend, Bentley, are pictured, too. (Bentley no longer minds having her picture taken.)



We met with a local home school group this week for the egg hunt. There were a ton of kids there! We had never met any of them before and only knew the family from our own group, so it was a new experience. Amelia was asking where we were going. I told her I didn't know (we had the address and were depending on the GPS to get us there). She asked whose house it was. I told her I didn't know. Madison asked if it was okay for us to be there. I told her it was fine. And it was.

It worked out well as it was close to the mall, and we headed there afterwards for lunch and to get some new spring dress shoes. I got some good deals at Payless and a coupon I received in the mail made the good deals even better. Lunch was free as I went by the consignment store where I take our clothes, and I had some pretty good sales last month! I love those unexpected blessings!!! It was a lovely day all the way around.

Here's some more pictures from the egg hunt ~





Did you know that Jewish families typically cleaned before Passover? Speaking of which, I should probably get started on that as my family and I anticipate our celebration of our Savior's death, burial, and resurrection! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments: