Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Bittersweet Mother's Day

This was a different Mother's Day and different weekend altogether. In my heart, on Sunday I was made well aware once again of my thankfulness and love of being a mother. God has blessed me in a wonderful way with these precious children, each so incredibly unique. Cari - always the thoughtful child - blessed me with a homemade card and fresh flowers she had picked from my garden.



After church, we had lunch at my mom and dad's, and I was very grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate this day once again with my mom. She's a wonderful mother, that's for sure!

But thoughts of my dear friend, Terri, prevented me from enjoying this day as I normally would. If you've read my blog for a while, you've heard about Terri at some point. The "girls" always have Christmas at Terri's house. As Bonnie put in on Saturday evening as we were standing outside the hospital, "She's the glue that holds our friendship together. We need Terri."

On Saturday evening, Terri suffered a large stroke, and she is currently on a ventilator and in critical condition. I saw her last on Sunday, and it is so hard to see her like that. Terri has always been more full of life than any person I've ever met. I didn't get to go see her yesterday, but there have been a few positive changes, and we're just holding on to those right now and praying every time she comes to mind, which is very often. If you're reading this, please pray for her as you're reminded. Pray for her mother, too. Terri's mom is in bad health, and you may also remember me blogging about going to Terri's brother's funeral about two months ago. This family has been through so much in the past year. A miracle would be wonderful right now.


Terri and Anslea, Christmas 2009

1 comment:

Angela McRae said...

She's coming to mind OFTEN and I am still praying. Thanks for the update ... Love you and your sweet friends!!!