Monday, June 28, 2010

Swimming through a busy summer!

This has got to be our busiest summer on record for the Horton household. There is always something to do or somewhere to go. We haven't had a stay-home-all-day day in quite some time, and this is very unusual for us as our summers are generally pretty lazy. But we're having fun, and that's what counts. My daily cleaning schedule has pretty much been thrown out the window, but I was home Saturday morning while everyone else was away (except for Matthew who was asleep), and I was able to get caught up on everything around here.

This week there are movie plans, swimming plans, doctor's appointment, softball practice, softball tournament, church, gardening (which I am very behind on and haven't been helping very much, and the weeds are going crazy!), sleepover party with church friends for the two older girls, and of course, the 4th of July!

I've also been walking with my friends a couple of nights a week. We're all on a mission to have a more healthy lifestyle. We are meeting at the local school's track, and we walked about 5 miles total last week. It works out well because we're walking during Madison's softball practice, which takes place just across the woods, and our children can play on the field while we're walking (I push Matthew in the stroller). Our goal is to do a 5K and go on from there to who knows what. It's so fun to have friends to do this with - the time just flies!

In the midst of all of this, I've been making plans for our upcoming school year, which will begin in about a month. And I've decided to do something that I never thought I would do - a total 360 turn. I ordered ABeka for everyone. I wanted to do it for Madison since she is starting 9th grade, and I'm feeling less confident about the picking and choosing method as I want her to be well prepared for college if she decides to take that route. I feel like ABeka will do that for her. She is going to do the accredited video program, and they are going to keep up with her grades. Amelia will be starting kindergarten, and Cari will be going into the 6th grade. I'm hoping it will make everything easier with the lesson planning, etc., though I know the program will be more of a challenge than what we're used to. I went to a display meeting last week in Kennesaw after we picked up my father-in-law at the airport (he's visiting for a couple of weeks), and everything is ordered.

I'm so glad that decision is made and out of the way, but for now, we have a few more weeks of summer to enjoy!

No comments: